July 17 2020 – Lindsey Neill
My next sewalong is for the Kris Kringle Quilt! The sewalong will start August 14th and is 8-weeks long. You can sign up for the sewalong newsletter HERE! When you subscribe you'll receive a discount code to use toward the pattern too!
Some fun things I have planned during Kris Kringle sewalong are - A tutorial for bias tape pom-poms above the Santa hats (instead of piecing them), an FPP freebie, piecing tips, and featuring participants makes each week too! It's going to be SO fun!!
There will also be prizes during the sewalong! The first prize will be a fat quarter bundle of Figo's Polar Magic line! To enter: Share the "I'm In" graphic below to Instagram (make sure your account is public) and use the hashtag, #KrisKringleSewalong, in your caption. I'll announce a winner on August 17th!
But the best part of this sewalong?? You'll have a Christmas project finished before the holidays! YAY!!!
SEWALONG SCHEDULE -
PATTERN 411 -
The Kris Kringle quilt is a traditionally pieced quilt pattern for the beginner quilter (I do recommend having at least one quilt under your belt before attempting this). I've also included a bonus FPP pattern and templates in the pattern for piecing the Santa Hat/Flying Geese Blocks one-at-a-time. Something you'll find really helpful if you plan to use a directional print!
The pattern is layer cake friendly too! (If using a directional print, you'll want to use a fat 1/8 of fabric instead) It's a versatile pattern that can showcase your favorite Christmas prints and the pattern looks cute in almost any colorway - as you'll see below!
And because the pattern includes the option to piece your Santa Hat Blocks one-at-a-time, you can go completely scrappy with this quilt! The quilt below is an example of that. I just went through my Christmas stash, pulled out all my favorite prints, and went to town! Really happy with how it turned out!
SHOPS CARRYING KRIS KRINGLE KITS -
Not sure what colors or fabrics to use in your Kris Kringle quilt? No problem! I've got you covered!
1. Sewtopia, who is also one of the sewalong sponsors, has three Kris Kringle kits available! All three kits use Ruby Star Society's Flurry collection a
nd a Bella solid as the background. Sewtopia's Kris Kringle kits are available HERE.
2. Fabric Bubb has a kit using Figo's new Polar Magic line! Isn't it so pretty with the pale peachy-pink background? Check out that kit HERE
3. The Cotton Cure has a scrappy Kris Kringle Kit available! Check out some of her blocks using the prints below. That kit is available HERE!
3. Hawthorne Supple Co. has a Christmas line, called Rainbow Bright Christmas by Indy Bloom Design, that looks really cute with Kris Kringle! You can purchase that line HERE (ps - I used Kona in Desert Green for the background).
4. And last, but not least - here's the version I'm making during the sewalong using PBS Fabrics Handmade Holiday collection! Aunt Sassy's Quilt Shop is one of the stores carrying the line - you can order the prints HERE. Tessa Rae Williams is another shop kitting this version. You can preorder a kit HERE! I am using a Painter's Palette solid by PBS Fabrics in Teal for the background, but Kona in Everglade or Bella in Dark Teal are great alternatives.
I hope all that information was helpful! You can always reach out to me on here or email me at email@example.com if you have any questions! Can't wait to get this sewalong started!!
Tagged: Kris Kringle Sewalong